Address: Via Abbazia
Description: The construction of the Abbey of S. Pietro in Sala goes back to the IX century and is the work of the Benedictine Monks. From the XV century, in particular, its capacity gradually diminished because of this same ecclesiastical authority. This monastery, important as a place of religious ceremonies, continued to exist until the Napoleonic suppression of religious congregations at the beginning of 1800. Only the crypt and the bell tower with a fifteenth century bell remain of the old church in Via Abbazia.
Additional notes: The fifteenth century bell is rung in the rogation period.